The Good Neighbor House is available for use by community groups, classes, book clubs, worship or prayer groups – just about anything you can imagine!
We have two categories of building use
Events open to the community: These types of events are for community enrichment and operate on a donation basis. These may be one-time events or regular weekly or monthly gatherings. If your group welcomes anyone from the community to attend, you may use the building on a “donate what you can” basis. When you set up your event we will discuss with you how your group can contribute financially or by doing a project together to benefit our cause. Examples of groups open to the community are the Heart of Texas Storytelling Guild, a scouting troop, the Quaker Worshipers, and Crafternoons.
Private events and parties are closed and include only the people you invite. Our space nicely accommodates celebrations such as birthdays, family reunions, showers, and quinces. Businesses and churches have used our space for retreats, committees, and board meetings. You may use the kitchen by request. Private events can be set up for a very low fee to be discussed when you inquire.
For both types of events, adherence to our building usage agreement (including our no-alcohol policy) is required.
Write us at email@example.com or call 254-716-3079 with the date and time range of your need, approximately how many people you expect, a description of the event, and your preferred room(s). We’ll get back to you to discuss it further. If you haven’t heard back from us within 24 hours, please write or call again.
Wifi is available throughout the house.
- The Living Room – A large room at the front door that seats 20+ in couches and upholstered chairs, with end tables, coffee tables, a drop-leaf table and space for folding tables if needed. Consider this your large, comfortable “home away from home” for hanging out with friends, informal meetings, bible studies, and more.
- The Library – A meeting or study room with a large conference table that seats eight (chairs provided), a small side sofa, a side table and chairs, and bookshelves.
- The Event Room – A long rectangular room with open floor space. We have 40 chairs that can be arranged in any way you like, and folding tables available. This would be a great space for a lecture, concert, hands-on class, dance or exercise class, etc.
- The Sunroom (coming soon!) – French doors lead from the event room to a porch with windows on all sides. The light is amazing. Note that the sun room isn’t part of the house’s heating and air conditioning, so a portable heater and window unit air conditioner are available.
- The Kitchen – In our kitchen you will find various appliances: a guest refrigerator, a table with five chairs, a dish washer, oven and stove, and certain dishware available for the use of our guests. This is a great place to prepare and keep food and snacks for a variety of events.
- The Deck and Backyard – Our back deck is 15′ by 30′ with steps on two sides down to a large, shaded yard which is open and suitable for most needs.
Donations to help cover the cost of making the space available to the community are welcomed.
We look forward to sharing our home with you!
Good Neighbor does not discriminate by race, gender, gender expression, ethnicity, nationality, age or sexual identity. Although we expect volunteers and board members to be Christian in order to follow our mission, activities at Good Neighbor are not restricted by religion.